Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy 100th Birthday to the Girl Scouts of America

Pin It



Today marks the 100th anniversary for the Girl Scouts of America. How exciting is that? The Girl Scouts was found on March 12, 1912 by Juliette Lowe.  There will many celebrations happening around the word to celebrate the 100th anniversary. If you live in or happen to be in the Washington DC area, the Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital will host a 100th Anniversary Sing-Along on the National Mall on June 9, 2012 called Girl Scouts Rock the Mall.  I once was a girl scout many years ago and just had a grand time spending time with the girls in my troop.


Girl Scout Promise

On my honor, I will try:
To serve God and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.

Girl Scout Law

Iwill do my best to be:
Honest and fair,
Friendly and helpful,
Considerate and caring,
Courageous and strong, and
Responsible for what I say and do,
And to respect myself and others,
Respect authority,
Use resources wisely,
Make the world a better place, and
Be a sister to every Girl Scout.

Girl Scout Slogan

Do a good turn daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment