Sunday, April 3, 2011

New Cookbook by Hungry Girl





Check out Lisa Lillien's new cookbook titled "300 under 300." This is my first purchase of a cookbook by Hungry Girl and I'm loving it! This edition features 300 recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner that contain less than 300 calories each! I had never heard of an "egg mug" until now. What exactly is an egg mug? You take a large microwavable coffee mug, add in 1/2 cup fat free liquid egg substitute and whatever else you have in the frig; veggies, cheese, lean meat, then microwave for about  1 and 1/2 minutes. Walla, you just made yourself breakfast or lunch depending on what's in it! What a neat idea! If you're on the Weight Watchers program, Lisa has also calculated the numbers for the Points Plus system. You can check out more great recipes at the Hungry Girl website. (click on Hungry Girl)
Lisa is not a nutritionist, she's just hungry! Let's make it a great day!

RobinB









2 comments:

  1. I will have to check this cookbook out, sounds good. I'm stopping by and following you from the Ultimate Blog Party.
    http://mcclanahan7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Hungry Girl! My husband got me two of her cookbooks for Christmas. On January 1, I went on a strict Hungry Girl only cooking frenzy, and we have each lost more than 20 pounds. The recipes are great, and you learn some great swaps so that you can create your own recipes. I found you on Bloggy Moms. http://jigglefreejenn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete